Every child has just one opportunity for a great education
Chief Executive Officer
We are building a family of schools who are prepared to truly collaborate. They have a restless zeal to question, change and innovate to ensure that what they provide enables children to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
We want our schools to be the best and for each child to discover the skills, abilities, talents and interests that lie within them.
We hope this website will serve as a good overview of what we offer and leave you wanting to find out more.
Who we are
The Collaborative Academies Trust (CAT) is a growing multi-academy trust for primary, secondary and special schools. The trust itself is sponsored by EdisonLearning. Schools joining the trust connect to a wide family of other schools and partners from the UK and USA, sharing similar core values and a collaborative approach to learning.
CAT provides complete access to EdisonLearning’s unique and innovative resources, approaches, professionals and services. These range from leadership, teaching for learning and curriculum expertise through to full finance, HR and technology support through CAT or a range of partners working with us.
At the heart of CAT are its trustees, who are carefully selected from the member schools, national and local leaders of education and the wider education and business sector. They are the custodians of the vision that CAT shares with its family of schools.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.
– Ryunosuke Satoro
- To establish a network of outstanding schools with similar values, aspirations and a commitment to succeed for all learners
- To be a leading light for the collaborative development and innovation of excellent practice for all young people, their families and local communities
- To enable schools to deliver the best possible outcomes for learners
- To enable the continuous improvement of the member schools
- To advocate the interests of member schools and their students in local and national policy and planning
- To achieve better use of limited funding through efficiencies in the provision and procurement of goods and services
- To remove the barriers of low aspiration and achievement in all the schools and communities in which we work
We believe every young person deserves the best possible start in life – a world class education aimed at helping the children in CAT schools become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Our mission is to help every young person in our schools to expand their horizons, and build the confidence, talents, interests, skills and qualifications to succeed as they make their way towards a fulfilling and prosperous adulthood.
Our trust is focused on the development of the whole person – as a learner, as an individual, as a prospective employee and as a fully participating member of society.
We want our schools to be the best and a beacon of outstanding practice looked to by others as an agenda setter for education.